Select Page

Outstanding Graduate, Spring 2020

Matthew Nasuta

Even as a child, Arizona native Matthew Nasuta, was drawn to computers and technology.

With a flair for technology and an ASU Academic Achievement scholarship, Matthew Nasuta decided to pursue information technology at ASU’s Polytechnic School because of the variety the major offered.

His decision to attend ASU was an easy one.

“I love the state of Arizona and ASU was the perfect fit for me,” says Nasuta.

It didn’t take long for Nasuta to realize that UNIX, cloud computing and security were among his favorite subjects. He acknowledges Damien Doheny, IT program chair and lecturer, for the constructive guidance he provided.

“Early in my ASU education, he made sure we understood that we controlled our fate in the program,” Nasuta says. “It got me thinking about my future and it pushed me to do better.”

Nasuta’s rich undergraduate experience was enhanced further by his participation in several IT clubs along with an ASU IT-sponsored hackathon. He took it upon himself to broaden his skill set outside of the classroom by participating in several conventions throughout the Phoenix metro area. During his sophomore year, he also presented to the Central Cybersecurity Meetup about securing internet of things devices.

After interning at the State Farm regional hub in Tempe throughout his junior and senior years, Nasuta’s dream of working for a big data platform became a reality when he was offered a full-time job.

“I had an amazing experience working at State Farm and look forward to growing my career there,” Nasuta says.

“Eventually, my hope is to give back to the program that got me where I am. Whether it’s teaching in the classroom or providing industry guidance, I believe in exposing students to IT early on,” says Nasuta.

Read about other exceptional graduates of the Fulton Schools’ spring 2020 class here.

ASU Engineering on Facebook